Guidelines for Building Use
Welcome to the Bartlett Reflection Center. This is a unique space in the University because it is reserved for activities (and non-activities) that open the heart and still the mind.
Whenever the building is open, you are welcome to visit. We only ask that you utilize the space respectfully, so that when others would like to do so, it is available to them for its intended purposes. As with other spaces in the DePauw Nature Park, please leave it the way you found it.
IN THE BARLETT REFLECTION CENTER BUILDING (Gathering Room and Meditation Room):
- No food or drink (water only)
- Please remove shoes and coats and place them in the closet upon entering
- Please refrain from using electronic devices (including laptops and cell phones)
- Please sign our guest book
IN THE MEDITATION ROOM:
- For quiet reflection only (not for use as study space)
- Please use candles and incense with caution and extinguish all flames before leaving
- Please do not move furniture into the meditation room
- Always open to the public unless reserved for group meditation