Center For Student Engagement
The Center For Student Engagement is an integrated administrative and experiential learning program through which DePauw students can craft lives of meaning, significance, and service to address the global challenges of the 21st century.
We facilitate career and life discernment; reach students where they live and how they aspire to work (making it meaningful to them personally); provide and unpack affordable experiential opportunities locally, domestically, and abroad; help them establish a habit of contributing to and learning from their community; connect more broadly and deeply with alumni/ae; collaborate with colleagues across the institution; and model professional excellence.
- Knowledge - developing a greater understanding of a chosen discipline or issue.
- Caring - a display of genuine, personal, and active concern for others.
- Identity - honor and respect of an individual’s identity.
- Empowerment - owning, guiding, and directing one’s own learning.
- Listening - being present in the moment to hear and reflect what is said.
- Uncomfortable - challenge and support to stretch beyond what is comfortable and known.
- Equity - access to information, opportunities, and resources.
- Critical reflection - analyzing, reconsidering, and questioning one’s own experiences.
- We use professional skills and experience to identify and meet the needs of students.
- We support students in defining their desired outcomes for chosen experiences.
- We develop and model personal and genuine relationships.
- We provide timely, active, welcoming reception and service.
- We advocate for equity in access.