Service & Civic Engagement
Our goal is educating students to be engaged citizens. We accomplish this through service-learning courses, and direct service and servant leadership opportunities.
- Alternative Breaks offer students an opportunity to travel within the United States and engage in a service project over fall and spring break.
- Bonner Scholar Program is a service-based, need-based, four-year scholarship.
- Civic Fellows is a unique four-year service-based leadership development organization.
- Community Service opportunities support student volunteer engagement in the local Greencastle and Putnam County communities.
- Servicio en Las Americas is a Spanish immersion, service-learning program for a select group of incoming students.
- Student Leadership programs and opportunities are supported by the Hartman Servant Leadership program.
- Winter Term in Service is a service-learning course that provides DePauw students an opportunity to collaborate on a locally identified service project, both domestically and globally.