DePauw Community Service Coordinators
DePauw Community Service Coordinators are the key to every successful DCS Program.
DePauw Community Service programs function due to the efforts of student leaders who manage meaningful and effective programs in the surrounding Greencastle/Putnam County community. Coordinators are expected to maintain a successfully functioning program that both serves the target population as it offers DePauw student volunteers opportunities to grow through service.
This year-long Hartman Engaged Leaders Program (HELP) position serves as the primary liaison between DePauw student volunteers and the served agency/program. Please contact email@example.com with additional questions or concerns.
- Participate in a HELP/DCS Coordinator Orientation at the beginning of the academic year.
- Recruit sufficient numbers of quality volunteers to satisfy needs of partner.
- Participate in the fall and spring semester recruitment fairs.
- Host and/or lead an orientation session each semester as needed.
- Conduct an end of semester reflection session each semester for all volunteers.
- Attend monthly all-coordinator meetings (Fridays 11:40-12:20).
- Volunteer in your agency/program.
- Meet bi-weekly with the Coordinator of Community Service and Outreach.
- Manage staffing of volunteer needs at agency.
- Communicate regularly with your agency/program director and volunteers.
- Keep an accurate program attendance/hours sheet to be submitted at the end of each semester.
- Encourage and recognize volunteers who put forth extra effort.
- Write an evaluation at the end of the semester.
Contact Coordinator of Community Service and Outreach Gigi Jennewein with interest at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765.658-4870.