Achievement Award Sponsored by the Men's Hall Alumni Association
The Men’s Hall Alumni Association of DePauw University recognizes outstanding male and female sophomores and juniors who have contributed significantly to the quality of life at DePauw University. Scholarship winners can receive up to $8,000.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
1. Scholars must be a Sophomore or Junior at the time of application
2. Scholars must demonstrate and promote the principals and ideals memorialized on the Men’s Hall Association Plaque in Longden Hall:
- equality regardless of race, religion, economic or social status
- dedication to the tenets of liberty and equality, the spirit of brotherhood, political and social access and recognition for all, scholarship and loyalty to DePauw
3. Scholars must be in good standing with a cumulative gpa above average for their class (Sophomores: 3.09, Juniors: 3.16)
4. Preference shall be given to individuals who are not members of a residential fraternity or sorority.
Please note: This scholarship could have an impact in your financial aid package. We strongly encourage you to consult with the Financial Aid Office before applying if you have any concerns about this.
Directions for Submission
Completed application packets are due February 15, 2013 by 4:00 pm. A complete application packet includes:
- Student Application Form
- A current resume highlighting your involvement in the DePauw and Greencastle communities and any leadership positions you have held.
- Essay response
- Recommendation Letter 1 in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal
- Recommendation Letter 2 in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal
Application materials should be submitted together by the student to Civic, Global & Professional Opportunities in the Union Building Lobby.
- The applicant is responsible for compiling all parts of the application, including signed and sealed recommendations.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- No late applications or letters of recommendation will be accepted.
- No portion of the application should be stapled.
- This application must be printed out and signed. Please do not submit any portion of this application via email.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application via email no later than April 1, 2013. The MHAA award will be presented during the DePauw University Awards Convocation in May. Direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.