Hartman Engaged Leaders Program
The Hartman Engaged Leaders Program (HELP) supports students who chose to embrace leadership roles in experiential learning programs and community-based partnerships. The program is named in honor of Dr. Grover L. Hartman '35 for whom the former Hartman Center for Civic Education was dedicated.
HARTMAN ENGAGED LEADERS PROGRAM (HELP)
This year-long program prepares and supports all students serving in leadership positions within Civic, Global and Professional Opportunities. The monthly series covers topics such as leadership styles; meeting facilitation; team-building; reflection practices; diversity, power, and privilege awareness; non-profit management; and leadership in practice.
- The Bonner Scholar program offers several leadership opportunities during the student's 4-year commitment.
- Civic Fellows is an elite group of 20 students who commit to 4-years of engagement in community service.
- DePauw Community Service Coordinators are the primary liaisons between DePauw University and its service partners.
- Servicio en Las Americas offers alumni of the program an opportunity for peer leadership.
- Off-campus Winter Term Courses provide students opportunities to lead in program development and in reflection.
- Alternative Break is a student-driven service program, developed and led by a student leader.