The Hubbard Center provides a wealth of resources for our students. Explore the ways we facilitate experiential learning and professional opportunities.
The Hubbard Center provides a variety of resources to help you connect your liberal arts coursework to the world while preparing for life after graduation. Regardless of whether you have no idea what to major in, or you enrolled at DePauw knowing exactly what path you want to pursue, the Hubbard Center offers resources, advising and programming to help you at each step along your path! Read about some of the resources we have to offer below. You also can schedule an advising appointment with a Hubbard Center staff member by visiting the Hubbard Center lobby in the Union Building, or calling 765.658.4822.
You also can stop by for walk-in advising, which is available from 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday this semester. You also can see more resources we have to offer in TigerTracks.
Resources & Advising Overview
Career & Interest Exploration
Hubbard Center advisers can help you explore your strengths and interests to help determine a path that's a good fit for you. We provide numerous resources, including:
• Strengths & Interests Assessments: Set up an appointment with an adviser for guidance and advice on potential major and career directions based on your interests and strengths.
• Hubbard Center Guides: Pick up or download a Hubbard Center guide on topics such as off-campus study support, professional resources, personal branding, and career paths.
• Careers & Internships: Explore programs and opportunities offered by the Hubbard Center with TigerTracks.
The Hubbard Center provides numerous resources to help you plan to pursue your professional path. From introducing you to searching for internships and careers to programs showing you how to network and plan for interviews, our advisers can help you seek and prepare to succeed in opportunities you find to be of interest. Some of our resources include:
• Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional Correspondence Review: Receive proofreading and reviews of your professional correspondence and personal branding with the oversight and guidance of a Hubbard Center adviser.
• Interview Rooms & Preparation: Utilize our interview rooms for online or in-person professional correspondence.
• Job & Internship Search Databases: Search the databases we house to explore career and internship opportunities based on your major or career interests.
Off-Campus Study Opportunities
During your time at DePauw, you will have incredible opportunities to explore opportunities away from campus for service, research and learning in the field. You may want to pursue off-campus study as part of your experience. Offerings include:
• Semester Off-Campus Study: Learn about how domestic and international off-campus study can supplement your coursework, as well as find guidance on application and funding processes.
• Extended Studies Faculty-Led Courses: These unique courses offered during Winter Term, May Term and summer provide you with the opportunity to learn unique lessons on location in cities and countries around the world! Some courses are offered multiple times, while others are unique courses that may not be offered again.
You can learn more about upcoming courses and semester off-campus study programs, and how to apply for them in Horizons.
In addition to the off-campus study programs offered and advising available throughout the year, the Hubbard Center also partners with organizations across campus and off-campus organizations to create unique opportunities for you to utilize! You can learn some of these in the following platforms:
• Happenings This Week: This webpage includes a listing of the week's upcoming events and announcements. This includes the information that is sent to all students in the weekly e-newsletter and is publicly accessible to anyone interested. Please email Austin Arceo, correspondent of communications and special projects, to be added to the Hubbard Happenings email list.
• Hubbard Center Blog: The blog includes profiles of students' experiences, along with advice from Hubbard Center staff and our Coquillette Peer Consultants (CPCs). You can learn firsthand about
• Hubbard Center YouTube Channel: Our channel features interviews with students who have participated in unique opportunities through the Hubbard Center and how these experiences impacted their time at DePauw and beyond.