Achievement Scholarship Sponsored by The Men's Hall Alumni Association (2013-2014)
The Men’s Hall Alumni Association of DePauw University recognizes outstanding male and female sophomores and juniors who have contributed significantly to the quality of life at DePauw University.
Scholarship winners can receive up to $8,000. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Scholars must be a Sophomore or Junior at the time of application
- Scholars must demonstrate and promote the principals and ideals memorialized on the Men’s Hall Association Plaque in Longden Hall:
equality regardless of race, religion, economic or social status
dedication to the tenets of liberty and equality, the spirit of brotherhood, political and social access and recognition for all, scholarship and loyalty to DePauw
- Scholars must be in good standing with a cumulative gpa above average for their class (Sophomores: 3.08, Juniors: 3.13)
- All students are welcome to apply, though preference shall be given to individuals who are not members of a residential fraternity or sorority (assuming all other things equal).
Please note: This scholarship could have an impact in your financial aid package. We strongly encourage you to consult with the Financial Aid Office before applying if you have any concerns about this.
Directions for Submission
Completed application packets are due February 17, 2014 by 4:00 pm.
Students should submit by email one document, which includes the following:
□ A current resume highlighting your involvement in the DePauw and Greencastle communities and any leadership positions you have held. (Your resume should be approved by a staff member in the Hubbard Center for Student Engagement prior to submitting it here.)
□ Essay response
Students should request 2 letters of recommendation from a faculty or staff member. These letters should be submitted electronically with the recommendation form. The form and letter must be sent directly by the recommender. (Letters and forms will not be accepted from the student.)
All student and recommendation materials should be emailed to Kate Knaul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant is responsible for compiling all parts of the application, including recommendations.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application via email no later than April 1, 2014. The MHAA award will be presented during the DePauw University Awards Convocation in May. Direct all questions to Kate Knaul at email@example.com.