Financial Aid Rights & Responsibilities
You have the right to know:
- What financial assistance is available at DePauw University.
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each of the financial aid programs available.
- The cost of attending DePauw and DePauw's refund policy.
- The criteria used by the Financial Aid Office to select financial aid recipients.
- How your financial aid eligibility was determined.
- What resources are considered in the calculation of your financial aid eligibility.
- How much of your financial need is unmet, as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- The terms and conditions of the various financial aid programs.
- What portion of the financial aid you receive must be repaid, and what portion is not repayable (i.e., grant). In the case of loans, you have the right to know what the interest rate is, the total amount to be repaid, the procedure for repayment, and when the repayment is to begin.
- How DePauw determines whether you are making Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid and what happens if you are not.
You are required to:
- Provide complete, truthful and accurate information on all financial aid application forms.
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a program of study leading to a degree as outlined in the official catalog.
- Assume responsibility for any loans accepted.
- Review the loan terms and process any documents regarding repayment prior to graduation.
- Participate in the loan-counseling program prior to receiving your first loan and at the conclusion of your enrollment at DePauw.
- For Federal Loans, notify the Direct Loan servicer as specified in the loan terms on any changes in name, address, enrollment status, or deferment eligibility.
- Repay any funds you receive which cannot be reasonably attributed to meeting your educational expenses.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.