Rolla M. Malpas Trust Scholarship
The Malpas Scholarship Trust was created to provide scholarships for outstanding and deserving Indiana public school students whose family circumstances would preclude them from attending DePauw for financial reasons.
The Rolla M. Malpas Trust Scholarship is available to outstanding Indiana students who have substantial eligibility for financial assistance. Eligibility is determined by applying a consistent set of standards to financial data provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the DePauw Application for Financial Aid. The CSS Profile may be used instead of the DePauw Application for Financial Aid. The Malpas Scholarship will meet the recipient's full demonstrated financial need.
Applicants must have been born in Indiana, graduated from an Indiana public high school and have maintained a high school scholastic average of at least a B+ or its equivalent. Recipients of the Malpas Trust Scholarships are not permitted to hold a job during the school year or obtain scholarship or loans from other sources.
The Malpas Scholarship is renewable each year contingent upon maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average each semester during the first year and a 3.25 grade point average each semester thereafter.
Malpas Scholar Selection Timeline for Fall 2013
February 15, 2013 - Deadline to submit an application for the Malpas Scholarship
February 26, 2013 - Notification of Semi-Finalist Status
March 14, 2013 - On-campus interview for all Semi-Finalists
March 20, 2013 - Malpas Scholarship Finalists are announced
Malpas Scholar Selection Timeline for Fall 2014
February 18, 2014 - Deadline to submit an application for the Malpas Scholarship
February 28, 2014 - Notification of Semi-Finalist Status
March 20, 2014 - On-campus interview for all Semi-Finalists
March 24, 2014 - Malpas Scholarship Finalists are announced
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov) by February 15th. To be considered, candidates should have a FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $6,500.
- Return the Malpas Scholarship application, signed by the high school principal or senior advisor.
- Attach a brief autobiography of no more than 2 pages that discusses:
- what you consider your strengths and weaknesses to be
- what you are passionate about
- what you see yourself doing in ten years
- Complete the need-based financial aid process outlined at www.depauw.edu/admission/financial-aid/prospective/