Walker Baseball Field
Dedicated on April 14, 1984, Walker Field was named in honor of Merle Royce "Ole" Walker, a 1912 DePauw graduate. Walker was a two-sport athlete at DePauw, earning six letters in football and basketball and captaining the latter during the 1911-12 season.
The field measures 330 feet down the lines, 375 to the power alleys and 400 to straightaway centerfield. The facility includes in-ground dugouts, two batting cages installed in the spring of 2001 and a brick dust infield.
The press box is named in honor of Ford C. Frick '15 the former National League president and Commissioner of Baseball.
Other facility features include:
- two full-sized astroturf batting cages
- eight-station hitting area
- two regulation-sized bullpen mounds on both home and visitor sides with astroturf catching areas
- entirely enclosed by eight-foot fence
- 18’ x 8’ foot scoreboard
- full-field underground watering system
- 45’ in-ground dugouts with water fountains
- full infield tarpaulin
- sound system