Wall Ball Drills
LACROSSE SKILLS - Wall Drills
1. All drills must be performed with both hands. Defenders do not need to do any of the “one-hand” work.
2. Any wall will work, but a smooth concrete wall at least 10 feet tall is the best surface.
3. Use your gloves when performing this routine.
4. Stand about five yards from the wall.
5. Perform this routine 4 to 5 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes and your stick skills will improve a great deal in a very short period of time.
a. Right hand quick stick – 50 times (left hand).
b. Right hand – one hand catch & cradle 50 times (left hand).
c. Right hand (one hand only) quick-stick – 50 times (left hand).
d. Right hand catch & face dodge – 50 times (left hand).
e. Split dodge – throw right, catch right, split dodge to left hand, throw left, catch left, split back to right hand – 50 times.
f. Quick stick – change hands on every toss while ball is in air
g. Cross handed – 50 times each hand
h. Around-the-back – 50 times each hand
i. Side arm after a great hard fake – 50 times each hand.
j. Be creative – develop your own drill. HAVE FUN!!!
Note: This routine takes 15 – 20 minutes.
Develop a set - wall program for the best results.