Tigers drop match to Indiana Wesleyan
April 14, 2004
Greencastle, Ind. - DePauw, ranked 22nd in Division III, dropped to 9-9 on the season with a 6-1 loss to visiting Indiana Wesleyan at the Blackstock Courts.
The Wildcats won two of the three doubles matches to take the doubles point and then won five of the six singles matches. Evan Webeler was the lone winner for the Tigers with a 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (3) victory at third singles over Michal Stanczyk.
Indiana Wesleyan, ranked 15th in NAIA, improved to 13-0 on the season. DePauw returns to action on Friday, April 16, when they host Carthage at 4 p.m.
Indiana Wesleyan University vs DePauw University
4/14/2004 at Greencastle, Indiana
Indiana Wesleyan University 6, #22 DePauw University 1
1. Jakub Petersson (INDWES) def. Marshall Kuresman (DEPAUW) 6-1, 6-3
2. Joel Helm (INDWES) def. Donald Person (DEPAUW) 6-3, 5-7, 6-3
3. Evan Webeler (DEPAUW) def. Michal Stanczyk (INDWES) 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (7-3)
4. Gershum Philip (INDWES) def. Billy Elliott (DEPAUW) 6-4, 6-0
5. Chad Hathaway (INDWES) def. Aaron Gress (DEPAUW) 6-2, 7-5
6. Luke Helm (INDWES) def. Oscar Lai (DEPAUW) 6-2, 6-2
1. Jakub Petersson/Gershum Philip (INDWES) def. Jeff Zanchelli/Darren Eblovi (DEPAUW) 8-0
2. Joel Helm/Luke Helm (INDWES) def. Evan Webeler/Ryan Golden (DEPAUW) 8-6
3. Donald Person/Marshall Kuresman (DEPAUW) def. Michal Stanczyk/Chad Hathaway (INDWES) 8-6
Indiana Wesleyan University 13-0
DePauw University 9-9; National ranking #22
DePauw ranked 22nd in Division III, Indiana Wesleyan ranked 15th in NAIA