Sixth-ranked Tigers Finish Seventh at ITA Indoor Championships
February 23, 2008
February 23, 2008, St. Peter, Minn. - Sixth-ranked DePauw evened its record at 2-2 and claimed seventh place at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Division III National Team Indoor Championship with a 7-2 victory over 11th-ranked Johns Hopkins.
The Tigers won all three doubles matches and were victorious at third through sixth singles.
DePauw returns to action on Friday, February 29, when it hosts Wheaton (Ill.) at 6 p.m.
Johns Hopkins Men vs DePauw University
Feb 23, 2008 at St. Peter, Minn.
(Swanson Tennis Center)
#4 DePauw University 7, #7 Johns Hopkins Men 2
1. David Maldow (JHUM) def. Kortney Keith (DEPAUW) 1-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. Andrew Wang (JHUM) def. Scott Swanson (DEPAUW) 6-2, 6-4
3. Bryan Heck (DEPAUW) def. Joe Vasoontara (JHUM) 6-1, 6-4
4. Scott Sandager (DEPAUW) def. Casey Blythe (JHUM) 6-0, 5-7, 1-0
5. Scott Sauer (DEPAUW) def. Peter Vale (JHUM) 6-3, 6-2
6. Will Gates (DEPAUW) def. Rafael Roberti (JHUM) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0
1. Kortney Keith/Scott Swanson (DEPAUW) def. Casey Blythe/Joe Vasoontara (JHUM) 8-3
2. Bryan Heck/Scott Sandager (DEPAUW) def. David Maldow/Matt Naftilan (JHUM) 8-6
3. Hunter Schouweiler/Cameron Nash (DEPAUW) def. Rafael Roberti/Andrew Wang (JHUM) 9-7