Fifth-ranked DePauw Improves to 11-2
March 26, 2008
March 26, 2008, Hilton Head Island, S.C. - The fifth-ranked Tigers improved to 11-2 on the season following a 7-2 win over Erskine College, the 33rd-ranked team in Division II.
The Tigers won at number two and three doubles before winning in five of the six singles flights.
DePauw wraps up its Hilton Head trip with a match against Wisconsin-Whitewater on Thursday.
Tennis Match Results
Erskine College vs DePauw University
3/26/08 at Hilton Head Island, S.C.
#5 DePauw University 7, Erskine College 2
1. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) def. Jennifer Gennaoui (ERSKINE) 6-1, 6-2
2. Kelly Buckley (DEPAUW) def. Britton Bignon (ERSKINE) 6-3, 6-3
3. Mary Claire Rollins (ERSKINE) def. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) 6-2, 3-6, 6-4
4. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Kacie Knox (ERSKINE) 7-6 (9-7), 6-2
5. Betsey Flanzer (DEPAUW) def. Jenna Tudor (ERSKINE) 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
6. Kristine Lewry (DEPAUW) def. Hannah Howerton (ERSKINE) 6-0, 6-0
1. Jennifer Gennaoui/Kacie Knox (ERSKINE) def. Erin Andrade/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) 8-3
2. Kristine Lewry/Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) def. Britton Bignon/Jenna Tudor (ERSKINE) 9-7
3. Janelle Arita/Kelly Buckley (DEPAUW) def. Mary Claire Rollins/Hannah Howerton (ERSKINE) 8-4
DePauw University 11-2; National ranking #5