Men's Tennis Blanks Erskine in Hilton Head Opener
March 22, 2010
March 22, 2010, Hilton Head Island, S.C. — The 16th-ranked Tigers improved to 5-7 following a 9-0 win over Erskine in a match played on Hilton Head Island, S.C. Erskine dropped to 4-7.
The Tigers swept the doubles play, losing just six games with 8-1 wins at the first and third spots. DePauw won five of the six the six singles matches in straight sets to wrap up the sweep.
DePauw returns to action tomorrow with matches against Wisconsin-Whitewater and Hope.
Erskine College vs DePauw University
Mar 22, 2010 at Hilton Head Island, S.C.
#16 DePauw University 9, Erskine College 0
1. Scott Sandager (DEPAUW) def. Nemanija Brcan (ERSKINE) 6-2, 6-0
2. Michael Rardon (DEPAUW) def. Caleb Barnes (ERSKINE) 5-7, 6-0, 6-2
3. Hunter Schouweiler (DEPAUW) def. Angelo Ciarrocchi (ERSKINE) 6-3, 6-2
4. Noah Swiler (DEPAUW) def. Fabio Ciarrocchi (ERSKINE) 6-4, 6-1
5. Eric Hubbard (DEPAUW) def. Vincent Chauvette (ERSKINE) 6-4, 6-4
6. Jonathan Batuello (DEPAUW) def. Ryan Miller (ERSKINE) 6-4, 6-4
1. Scott Sandager/Will Gates (DEPAUW) def. Caleb Barnes/Angelo Ciarrocchi (ERSKINE) 8-1
2. Jonathan Batuello/Hunter Schouweiler (DEPAUW) def. Nemanija Brcan/James Hoatson (ERSKINE) 8-4
3. Michael Rardon/Eric Hubbard (DEPAUW) def. Fabio Ciarrocchi/Vincent Chauvette (ERSKINE) 8-1
Erskine College 4-7
DePauw University 5-7; National ranking #16