Sixth-ranked DePauw Captures First Outright SCAC Title
April 27, 2008
April 27, 2008, Greencastle, Ind. - The sixth-ranked Tigers improved to 21-4 and earned their first outright Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference title after defeating 18th-ranked Trinity, 8-1, in the SCAC championship match. Trinity dropped to 14-8 with the loss.
After sweeping the three doubles matches, the Tigers took singles wins at the first, second, third, fifth and sixth flights.
With the victory, DePauw earned the SCAC's automatic qualification into the NCAA Division III Championship. Pairings for the NCAA Championships will be announced on Monday.
Trinity (Texas) University vs DePauw University
Apr 27, 2008 at Greencastle, Indiana
#6 DePauw University 8, #18 Trinity (Texas) University 1
1. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) def. Alicia Hunt (TRINITY) 6-1, 6-0
2. Kelly Buckley (DEPAUW) def. Laura Steinmetz (TRINITY) 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
3. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) def. Katy Poettcker (TRINITY) 6-3, 6-4
4. Megan Fish (TRINITY) def. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) 6-2, 7-6 (7-5)
5. Betsey Flanzer (DEPAUW) def. Erin Jamison (TRINITY) 7-5, 6-0
6. Kristine Lewry (DEPAUW) def. Megan Jackson (TRINITY) 6-2, 6-4
1. Erin Andrade/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Alicia Hunt/Laura Steinmetz (TRINITY) 8-5
2. Janelle Arita/Kelly Buckley (DEPAUW) def. Katy Poettcker/Erin Jamison (TRINITY) 8-4
3. Kristine Lewry/Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) def. Megan Fish/Megan Jackson (TRINITY) 8-5
Trinity (Texas) University 14-8; National ranking #18
DePauw University 21-4; National ranking #6
2008 Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Women's Tennis Championship Match