DePauw Advances in ITA Consolation Bracket with Win at Gustavus Adolphus
February 28, 2009
February 28, 2009, St. Peter, Minn. — The 12th-ranked Tigers improved to 3-2 on the season and advanced in the consolation bracket of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Division III National Indoor Championship with a 6-1 win over 18th-ranked and host Gustavus Adolphus.
The Tigers took a 3-0 lead after doubles play before claiming wins at one, three, five and six singles. The complete box score will be posted later.
DePauw faces fifth-ranked Pomona-Pitzer at 7:30 p.m. this evening in the tournament's fifth-place match. Pomona defeated Coe, 8-1 this morning.
DePauw University vs Gustavus Adolphus College
Feb 28, 2009 at St. Peter, Minn.
(Swanson Tennis Center)
DePauw University 8, Gustavus Adolphus College 1
1. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) def. Sierra Krebsbach (GAC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Sam Frank (GAC) def. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (10-6)
3. Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Megan Gaard (GAC) 6-2, 6-0
4. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Ali O'Neal (GAC) 7-5, 6-4
5. Kristine Lewry (DEPAUW) def. Erica Dobson (GAC) 6-4, 6-2
6. Betsey Flanzer (DEPAUW) def. Christine Reimer (GAC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Greer Mackie/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Sierra Krebsbach/Sam Frank (GAC) 8-4
2. Janelle Arita/Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Ali O'Neal/Erica Dobson (GAC) 8-3
3. Kristine Lewry/Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Mary Roop/Megan Gaard (GAC) 8-6
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (6,1,2,3,5,4)