Tigers Wrap up Hilton Head Play with 8-1 Win over Erskine
March 26, 2009
March 26, 2009, Hilton Head Island, S.C. — DePauw, ranked 16th in Division III, improved to 7-5 on the season following an 8-1 win over Erskine College in its final match on Hilton Head Island.
The Tigers took wins at first and third doubles before sweeping all six singles matches in straight sets for the win.
DePauw travels to Emory University where they will compete in the Fab Five Tournament, Friday through Sunday. The Tigers face second-ranked Washington & Lee at 10 a.m. tomorrow.
Erskine College vs DePauw University
Mar 26, 2009 at Hilton Head Island, S.C.
#16 DePauw University 8, Erskine College 1
1. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) def. Tessa Rheault (ERSKINE) 7-5, 6-2
2. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) def. Britton Bignon (ERSKINE) 6-2, 6-1
3. Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Mary Claire Rollins (ERSKINE) 7-5, 6-0
4. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Kacie Knox (ERSKINE) 6-0, 6-1
5. Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Jourdan Smith (ERSKINE) 6-3, 6-0
6. Betsey Flanzer (DEPAUW) def. Nicole Miller (ERSKINE) 6-1, 6-2
1. Greer Mackie/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Britton Bignon/Kacie Knox (ERSKINE) 9-7
2. Tessa Rheault/Mary Claire Rollins (ERSKINE) def. Janelle Arita/Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) 8-4
3. Kristine Lewry/Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) def. Jourdan Smith/Nicole Miller (ERSKINE) 8-6
DePauw University 7-5; National ranking #16