- By no later than the third week of April the Vice-President for Academic Affairs will notify the chair of the Committee on Faculty of all candidates scheduled for term, interim and tenure reviews during the following academic year. In addition, for tenure reviews the Vice-President for Academic Affairs will indicate whether the candidate is eligible for timely promotion as defined in Article I.B.2e.
- In August the chair of the Committee on Faculty will call for nominations for promotion to be considered during the upcoming academic year. Any faculty member may nominate a colleague for promotion; self-nominations also are acceptable.
- The chair of the Committee on Faculty and the Vice-President for Academic Affairs shall meet with candidates preparing decision files to explain the process, to provide a schedule of deadlines and to answer questions. This meeting must occur no later than 20 in-session days before the close of the decision file, according to the schedule of deadlines provided to the candidate (see Article VIII.J.1 for an explanation of in-session days).
- Candidates for tenure may petition COF for a change in deadlines no later than the last day of the semester preceding the semester in which the review is originally scheduled. Exceptions may be made to the deadlines for such requests only in extraordinary circumstances.
- The chair of the Committee on Faculty shall make known to the University community the names of persons being considered for term, interim and tenure reviews and those who have accepted nomination for promotion and request that those with relevant information submit letters to the decision files.