Full-time, benefit status hourly employees are entitled to one personal day per calendar year.
- Employees will receive a personal day equal to their normal hours per day.
- Employees must obtain approval from their supervisor to use their personal day before it is taken.
- Employees may only use their personal day at a time when they are normally scheduled to work.
- Employees may use the personal day in quarter-hour increments.
- The personal day may not be accrued. Any balance remaining as of December 31 will be forfeited. During the pay period in which January 1 occurs, the personal day balance will be set to an amount equal to the normal hours per day as indicated in each employee's personnel/payroll record.
- The use of the personal day does not affect eligibility for attendance awards issued through the Sick Leave Incentive Award Program or the Savings Bond Award Program.
- Upon retirement or separation of employment, no payment will be issued for any remaining personal day balance.