Box at DePauw
DePauw is adopting Box as the default storage for work files enabling you to securely access, manage, and share your content from anywhere at anytime.
- Provides secure and shareable network storage for collaborative and departmental file storage and management.
- Enables the sharing of files for collaboration within and among campus offices.
- Provides access to one's files when off campus.
- Compatible with our mobile habits.
- Automates the backup of computer files to the cloud using the Box Sync app, thus protecting files from loss because of computer failure.
Timeline (Phased Approach)
Box will be rolled out to campus in a phased approach.
- Staff and Faculty (March 2016 - December 2016)
- Replace P: drives for staff and faculty with personal Box folders targeting the end of spring semester as the completion date.
- Replace U: drives for staff and faculty with departmental shared Box folders targeting the end of Semester I as the completion date.
- Arrange special use Box folders for authenticated access to campus-wide shared files for faculty/staff (e.g., replace using Drive for videos, etc.).
- Students (Start date: January 2017)
- Replace P: drives for students with personal Box folders.
- Replace I: drives with Box course folders.
Step-by-step instructions on how to log in to Box and other details may be found on the IT KnowledgeBase Box: Default Storage for Files article.
Box Planning Team
- Lynda LaRoche and Chad Wilson, Project Co-Coordinators
- Kyle Croft, Box Implementation Analyst
- Stacy Artis, Desktop Support
- John Carrigan, Finance
- Brooke Cox, Library
- Misty Flagg, Hubbard Center
- Adam Hughes, AIS
- Jim Ketterer, Network
- Jeff Miller, AIS
- Karen Phillips, Business Office
- Carol Smith, ex officio
- Beth Wilkerson, FITS
Contact the HelpDesk at HelpDesk@depauw.edu or (765) 658-4294 with questions about Box.