Under its Opportunity Through Collaboration Program, DePauw provides matching internship stipends to support students in summer, fall or spring semester, and Winter Term (January) internships at Indiana start-up, small-, and mid-sized firms in the five sectors targeted by the state for leading economic development: life science and bio-technology, advanced logistics, advanced manufacturing, information technology, and capital development.
Internship hosts must provide stipends of at least $250 per month and offer students an internship with both supervised work responsibilities and educational and reflective experiences that are equivalent to those of an entry-level position. DePauw will provide a stipend sufficient to ensure a total stipend of at least $1000 per month.
Details and Requirements
A prospective student recipient must:
- Be a full-time DePauw student
- Have maintained a 3.0 grade point average without incompletes while at DePauw
- Negotiate his or her own, full-time (30+ hours/week) internship
- Submit a completed Internship Stipend Application Form
- Fulfill additional University requirements associated with applications for full-semester, Winter Term, or other off-campus internship
|Summer Internships||May 1|
|Fall Internships||May 1|
|Winter Term Internships||October 30|
|Spring Internships||December 1|
Successful internship host applicants must demonstrate:
- Evidence that the internship clearly aligns with one of the 5 target areas
- Strong indication that the internship is clearly defined, with evidence for a positive student learning experience and supportive mentoring
- Solid proof of host commitment to provide at least $250 per month stipend
- Confirmation that the internship could not be offered without the support of the program
- Evidence that the internship will advance the program goals of economic development and talent retention
The Opportunity through Collaboration Program is supported by a generous grant
from the Lilly Endowment.