Copy Request Form
Please review our Research and Duplication Fees before submitting. Thank you.
- No cropping of copies will be done unless specified.
- Advance payment is required. Checks should be made payable to "DePauw Archives." All Charges include postage and handling.
By clicking "Yes" in the above form, I/we agree to:
- Give credit for each item used for publication or exhibit to DePauw University Archives and Special Collections.
- Deposit at least one copy of any publication or exhibit guide which utilizes copies from the Archives and Special Collections of DePauw University.
- To not reuse or allow others to duplicate reproductions without permission of the DePauw University Archives and Special Collections.
The Copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of the specified conditions is that the copy is not to be "used for any purpose other than the private study, scholarship or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Duplication of items from the DePauw University Archives and Special Collections is governed by the policy stated above. Further reproduction of items from the Archives and Special Collections is permitted only after completion of this form. The completion of this form, however does not imply clearance of any copyright restrictions other than those vesting in the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism and the Special Collections of DePauw University. It is the responsibility of the party using items from the collections of the Archives and Special Collections to ascertain and clear copyright restrictions of the items provided.