Student Advisory Board
The Student Advisory Board meets each month with the Dean of the School of Music or representative. Three members are elected from each class.
Members of the Board are expected to:
- attend meetings (or, in emergencies, to send a substitute);
- identify and report issues of concern to fellow music students;
- participate in helping address issues over which students, faculty, and administrators have control;
- help disseminate feedback to the student body;
- serve as representatives of the School of Music student body (e.g., for the hosting of visitors)
Eligibility: Any music major is eligible to be nominated and elected. Students who are to be off campus for no longer than one semester are eligible. Former Student Advisory Board members are eligible for reelection.
Election procedure: Any member of the School of Music faculty or student body may nominate a student to be a member of the Student Advisory Board. Nominations are submitted electronically, and a list of nominees is prepared. All School of Music students are eligible to vote for nominees from their class. Voting is done electronically.