The School of Music announces the Fourth Annual Holiday Gala featuring music from various traditions performed by soloists and ensembles from the School of Music. The choirs, jazz ensemble, band and orchestra, as well as a host of chamber groups, will perform a wide array of holiday music of many traditions and styles.
This year there will be two performances of the Holiday Gala. On Saturday, December 6 at 7 p.m. audiences can attend a full-length concert with reception, and Sunday, December 7 at 3 p.m. the School of Music will present a shorter concert for families and children. It is rumored that Santa Claus may take a break from his hectic schedule for a very brief visit to the Sunday concert.
Several Greencastle restaurants will partner with the School of Music again this year to offer dinner deals before the Saturday night performance. A limited number of free ticket vouchers will be available at each of these locations. Be sure to mention you are attending the Holiday Gala
- 2West – Prime Rib Dinner, which includes 14 ounce Prime Rib, choice of side, seasonal vegetable and full salad bar for $20
- Almost Home – 10% off your meal (excluding alcohol)
- Bon Appetit (DePauw Hub Dining Hall) – Special All-You-Care-To-Eat Holiday menu for $8, plus tax; children 6-12 receive 50% off; children under 5 are free
- Charlie's – 10% off your meal
- The Fluttering Duck – Roasted Turkey Manhattan with house-made gravy, Italian Bread, Homemade Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans for $8.95
- Mama Nunz – 10% off your meal
- Monical's Pizza – $3 off a large thin crust or pan pizza
- Myer's Market – 5% off dinner purchase
- Putnam Inn – 10% off your meal
Tickets for the Holiday Gala are $10. Tickets for children, students, and senior citizens are free. The School of Music also offers a “pay what you can” option, which allows patrons to purchase tickets for any amount they can afford. Tickets can be purchased online or at the Green Center box office. For additional details, call 765-658-4827.