#28 DePauw Defeats Ferris State
March 9, 2012
Greencastle, Ind. - The 28th-ranked Tigers improved to 5-2 on the season following a 6-3 win over Ferris State. The Bulldogs dropped to 5-3 with the loss.
DePauw opened the match with wins at second and third doubles. The Tigers won the match with singles wins at the second, fourth, fifth and sixth flights. The Tigers pulled out three-set wins at both fifth and sixth singles with straight set wins at second and fourth.
The Tigers return to action on Saturday, March 17, when they host Wittenberg in a 9:30 a.m. North Coast Athletic Conference match and then Vincennes at 5:30 p.m.
Ferris State vs DePauw University
3/9/2012 at Greencastle, Indiana
(DePauw Indoor Tennis & Track Center)
#28 DePauw University 6, Ferris State 3
1. Laurent Galarneau (FS) def. Sam Miles (DPU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Ben Kopecky (DPU) def. Jack Swan (FS) 6-1, 6-1
3. Steven Roberts (FS) def. Michael Rardon (DPU) 7-5, 7-5
4. Noah Swiler (DPU) def. Otto Keresztes (FS) 6-0, 7-6 (7-2)
5. Chris Bertolini (DPU) def. Razvan Mag (FS) 2-6, 6-2, 7-5
6. Eric Hubbard (DPU) def. Justin Hermes (FS) 6-4, 3-6, 6-0
1. Laurent Galarneau/Steven Roberts (FS) def. Sam Miles/Ben Kopecky (DPU) 8-3
2. Michael Rardon/Noah Swiler (DPU) def. Razvan Mag/Oriol Vidal Cortes (FS) 9-8 (7-3)
3. Eric Hubbard/David Moss (DPU) def. Otto Keresztes/Justin Hermes (FS) 8-3
Ferris State 5-3
DePauw University 5-2; National ranking #28