28th-ranked Tigers Drop 6-3 Decision to #17 Case
February 22, 2013
Greencastle, Ind. - The 28th-ranked Tigers dropped to 1-2 on the season following a 6-3 loss to 17th-ranked Case Western Reserve at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center.
DePauw's David Moss and Reid Garlock topped Kyle Gerber and Christopher Krimball at number-two doubles by a 9-7 score and then picked up both singles wins. Moss topped Derek Reinbold at the fifth slot 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 and Garlock won over Harrison Smith at number six 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-8).
The Tigers host fourth-ranked Washington-St. Louis at 11 a.m. tomorrow and 27th-ranked Wisconsin-Whitewater at 8 p.m.
For more information on the DePauw tennis program, follow DePauw on Twitter (@DePauwAthletics / @DePauwTennis) or like them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DePauwAthletics).
Case Western Reserve Univ. vs DePauw University
2/22/2013 at Greencastle, Ind.
(DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center)
#17 Case Western Reserve Univ. 6, #28 DePauw University 3
1. Will Drougas (CASEM) def. Sam Miles (DPU) 6-4, 6-3
2. Kyle Gerber (CASEM) def. Ben Kopecky (DPU) 6-2, 6-4
3. Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) def. Alec Kaczkowski (DPU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Eric Klawitter (CASEM) def. Eric Bruynseels (DPU) 6-0, 6-0
5. David Moss (DPU) def. Derek Reinbold (CASEM) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
6. Reid Garlock (DPU) def. Harrison Smith (CASEM) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-8)
1. John Healey/Nicolas Howe (CASEM) def. Sam Miles/Ben Kopecky (DPU) 8-4
2. David Moss/Reid Garlock (DPU) def. Kyle Gerber/Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) 9-7
3. Alex Solove/Richard Brunsting (CASEM) def. Andrew Kahn/Eric Vannatta (DPU) 9-7
Case Western Reserve Univ. 4-0; National ranking #17
DePauw University 1-2; National ranking #28