Hartman Center Honors Local Volunteers
May 1, 2001
May 1, 2001, Greencastle, Ind.- The Hartman Center for Civic Education and Leadership at DePauw University honored seven individuals and one organization at its 2001 Volunteer Awards Convocation. The event, held
on April 14, featured a speech from Chuck Dietzen, a pediatric rehabilitation physician and founder of the Timmy Foundation, which helps children around the world who are victims of natural disasters, war, political and economic oppression.
This year's winners in six categories are:
- Earl and Thelma Sloan- Outstanding Putnam County Senior Volunteers
- Todd Crosby- Outstanding Putnam County Volunteer Coordinator
- James Earl Knott- Outstanding Putnam County Volunteer
- Steve Janowiak- Outstanding Administrator/Staff Volunteer (DePauw
- Carrie Mack and Eric Wolfe- Outstanding Individual Student
Volunteers (DePauw University)
- Alpha Phi- Outstanding Living Unit (DePauw University).
For more information on the awards, or on the Hartman Center, call (765) 658-4863.Back