DePauw Basketball Team to Tour Eastern Europe in June
June 5, 1992
June 5, 1992, Greencastle, Ind. - Members of the DePauw University men's basketball team will travel to three European countries in June to play seven games during a 12-day trip. The Tigers depart Indianapolis on Monday, June 8, and arrive in Czechoslovakia the next day.
While in Czechoslovakia, the team will play games on four consecutive evenings. The team will then travel to Budapest, Hungary, for three contests on consecutive days. The trip will conclude with sightseeing in Vienna, Austria, for two days prior to returning to the United States on Friday, June 19.
"This is a tremendous cultural experience for our players," head coach Bill Fenlon said. "And certainly one which they will cherish the rest of their lives."
In all, 16 players will make the trip, including three who graduated this spring.
SCHEDULE OF GAMES (tentative):
- June 10 vs. TBA; Nitra, Czechoslovakia, 5 p.m.
- June 11 vs. TBA; Trencin, Czechoslovakia, 5 p.m.
- June 12 vs. Slavia Stu Bratislava; Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, 5 p.m.
- June 13 vs. Pezniok; location TBA; 5 p.m.
- June 15 vs. Hungarian National Team; Budapest of Szekesfehervar, Hungary, time TBA
- June 16 vs. Hungarian National Team; Baja, Hungary, time TBA