Eleven DePauw Students Receive 2007 Prevo Scholarships
October 14, 2007
October 14, 2007, Greencastle, Ind. - Eleven DePauw University students are recipients of 2007 Edgar A. Prevo Scholarships. Established in 1977 by a bequest from Mr. Prevo, a longtime Greencastle businessman and member of DePauw's Class of 1912 (seen in photo at left), the scholarships are exclusively for outstanding graduates of Putnam County's high schools. Prevo passed away in 1975.
Selection of Prevo Scholars is based upon a number of factors including high school academic achievement, academic potential for college, financial need, and SAT scores.
This fall's Prevo Scholars are listed below, with their current year at DePauw and the high school from which they graduated:
- Amanda Bollman, senior (graduate of South Putnam High School)
- Marissa Fenton, junior (North Putnam H.S.)
- Jamie Grivas, sophomore (Greencastle H.S.)
- Michelle Hasler, senior (North Putnam H.S.)
- Kyrian Marshall, sophomore (Greencastle H.S.)
- James Miller, junior (South Putnam H.S.)
- Ryan Minor, senior (South Putnam H.S.)
- Jacob Osborn, junior (South Putnam H.S.)
- Miles Reed, sophomore (North Putnam H.S.)
- Krista Rust, senior (North Putnam H.S.)
- John Sibbitt, senior (Greencastle H.S.)
Prevo Scholarships may range in value up to full tuition for one year. The scholarship is also subject to renewal each year the recipient remains qualified for the award.
For more information about Prevo Scholarships or DePauw University, contact the Office of Admission at (765) 658-4006 or talk with your high school guidance counselor.Back