Tigers Advance to Seventh Straight SCAC Men's Tennis Title Match with Win over Sewanee
April 25, 2009
April 25, 2009, North Little Rock, Ark. — The 13th-ranked Tigers defeated Sewanee, 8-1, in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference semifinals and advanced to the SCAC title match for the seventh straight year.
The Tigers battled through a sweep of the doubles matches before taking wins at second through sixth singles for the win.
DePauw, 20-3, goes after its third straight conference championship when it faces 14th-ranked Trinity for the title at 8 a.m. CDT on Sunday. The match marks the seventh straight year the teams have faced each other for the title.
Sewanee-The Univ. of the South vs DePauw University
Apr 25, 2009 at North Little Rock, Ark.
#13 DePauw University 8, Sewanee-The Univ. of the South 1
1. Charlie Boyd (SEWANEE) def. Scott Swanson (DEPAUW) 4-6, 7-6 (9-7), 1-0 (10-7)
2. Scott Sandager (DEPAUW) def. Jay Hill (SEWANEE) 6-3, 6-3
3. Hunter Schouweiler (DEPAUW) def. Henry Litchfield (SEWANEE) 6-2, 6-4
4. Bryan Heck (DEPAUW) def. Philip Kuntz (SEWANEE) 6-1, 6-1
5. Michael Rardon (DEPAUW) def. Jeff Lepley (SEWANEE) 7-6 (7-3), 7-5
6. Will Gates (DEPAUW) def. Will Holloway (SEWANEE) 6-0, 6-4
1. Bryan Heck/Scott Sandager (DEPAUW) def. Charlie Boyd/Henry Litchfield (SEWANEE) 9-7
2. Michael Rardon/Hunter Schouweiler (DEPAUW) def. Philip Kuntz/Jay Hill (SEWANEE) 8-5
3. Will Gates/Scott Swanson (DEPAUW) def. Jeff Lepley/Michael House (SEWANEE) 8-3
Sewanee-The Univ. of the South 11-8
DePauw University 20-3; National ranking #13