Eighth-ranked Women's Tennis Tops Division I Ball State
March 9, 2010
March 9, 2010, Greencastle, Ind. — The eighth-ranked Tigers improved to 10-1 on the season this evening with a 5-4 win over Division I Ball State at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center. The Cardinals dropped to 6-6 with the loss.
DePauw swept the doubles play and lost just seven games in taking a 3-0 lead. The Tigers won the match with wins at second and sixth singles.
The Tigers return to action on Saturday, March 20, when they travel to second-ranked Emory.
Ball State vs DePauw University
3/9/2010 at Greencastle, Ind.
(DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center)
#8 DePauw University 5, Ball State 4
1. Hayley Hall (BSU) def. Janelle Arita (DEPAUW) 6-3, 6-0
2. Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Dena Boulieris (BSU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Georgina Thomson (BSU) def. Greer Mackie (DEPAUW) 6-1, 2-6, 6-3
4. Kylee Johnson (BSU) def. Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) 6-2, 6-3
5. Sarah Hebble (BSU) def. Tricia Wilks (DEPAUW) 6-4, 7-5
6. Courtney Griffin (DEPAUW) def. Katherine Rist (BSU) 6-3, 6-4
1. Greer Mackie/Kayla Smith (DEPAUW) def. Dena Boulieris/Sarah Hebble (BSU) 8-2
2. Janelle Arita/Kelly Gebert (DEPAUW) def. Georgina Thomson/Lauren Pickrel (BSU) 8-0
3. Tricia Wilks/Taylor Prodromos (DEPAUW) def. Katherine Rist/Kylee Johnson (BSU) 8-5
Ball State 6-6
DePauw University 10-1; National ranking #8