16th-ranked Tigers Top Carleton 7-2
March 25, 2010
March 24, 2010, Hilton Head Island, S.C. — The 16th-ranked Tigers improved to 8-7 with their fourth straight win as they took a 7-2 win over Carleton on Hilton Head Island. The Knights dropped to 9-2 with the loss.
DePauw took a 2-1 lead after doubles after Scott Sandager and Will Games won at the number-one spot and Jonathan Batuello and Hunter Schouweiler took an 8-6 victory at number two.
The Tigers then took straight set wins at first, third, fourth and sixth singles and had a three-set win at number two.
DePauw returns to action on April 9 at the Great Lakes Colleges Association Tournament hosted by Kenyon and Denison.
Carleton College vs DePauw University
Mar 24, 2010 at Hilton Head, S.C.
#16 DePauw University 7, Carleton College 2
1. Scott Sandager (DEPAUW) def. Peter Dunn (CAR) 6-4, 6-0
2. Michael Rardon (DEPAUW) def. Winston Park (CAR) 4-6, 7-6, 1-0 (10-2)
3. Hunter Schouweiler (DEPAUW) def. Dan Vollman (CAR) 6-1, 6-0
4. Noah Swiler (DEPAUW) def. Colin Russell (CAR) 6-2, 6-3
5. Austin Jiang (CAR) def. Eric Hubbard (DEPAUW) 6-0, 4-6, 1-0 (10-4)
6. Evan Hunter (DEPAUW) def. Alexander Chin (CAR) 6-0, 6-3
1. Scott Sandager/Will Gates (DEPAUW) def. Peter Dunn/Dan Vollman (CAR) 8-1
2. Jonathan Batuello/Hunter Schouweiler (DEPAUW) def. Paul Cooper/Colin Russell (CAR) 8-6
3. Winston Park/Austin Jiang (CAR) def. Michael Rardon/Eric Hubbard (DEPAUW) 9-8
Carleton College 9-2; Regional ranking #10
DePauw University 8-7; National ranking #16; Regional ranking #5