#30 Tigers Defeat Wisconsin-Whitewater in Final Hilton Head Match
March 29, 2012
Hilton Head Island, S.C. - The 30th-ranked Tigers improved to 10-3 following a 5-4 win over #26 Wisconsin-Whitewater in the team's final match on Hilton Head Island. The Warhawks dropped to 10-6 with the loss.
The Tigers took a 2-1 lead after doubles following wins at the number two and three flights. The teams split the six singles matches with DePauw claiming wins at the first, third and fifth spots. Michael Rardon dropped the first set in a tiebreaker, but rallied to win the final two and help DePauw clinch the win.
DePauw travels to second-ranked Emory on Saturday.
Wisconsin-Whiitewater, U. of vs DePauw University
3/29/2012 at Hilton Head Island, S.C.
#30 DePauw University 5, #26 Wisconsin-Whiitewater, U. of 4
1. Sam Miles (DPU) def. Byron Balkin (UWW) 6-1, 6-3
2. Andrew Bayliss (UWW) def. Ben Kopecky (DPU) 6-0, 7-5
3. Michael Rardon (DPU) def. Andy McGlashen (UWW) 6-7 (2-7), 6-4, 6-2
4. Mitch Osborne (UWW) def. Noah Swiler (DPU) 6-3, 6-7 (4-7), 6-4
5. Chris Bertolini (DPU) def. Erik Scanlan (UWW) 7-6 (8-6), 6-0
6. Brady Porter (UWW) def. Eric Hubbard (DPU) 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (10-5)
1. Byron Balkin/Mitch Osborne (UWW) def. Sam Miles/Ben Kopecky (DPU) 9-7
2. Eric Hubbard/David Moss (DPU) def. Andrew Bayliss/Andy McGlashen (UWW) 8-5
3. Michael Rardon/Noah Swiler (DPU) def. Erik Scanlan/Kevin Friend (UWW) 8-3
Wisconsin-Whiitewater, U. of 10-6; National ranking #26
DePauw University 10-3; National ranking #30