DePauw Men Advance to NCAC Semifinal with Win over Kenyon
April 28, 2012
Gambier, Ohio - DePauw, ranked 30th in Division III, advanced to the North Coast Athletic Conference semifinals following a 5-0 quarterfinal win over Oberlin. The Tigers improved to 16-7, while the Yeomen dropped to 10-13.
DePauw took a 3-0 lead after sweeping doubles before Chris Bertolini and Eric Hubbard each picked up wins at number three and four singles, respectively.
The Tigers face Denison in tomorrow's 11 a.m. semifinal match.
Oberlin College vs DePauw University
4/28/2012 at Gambier, Ohio
(Jasper Tennis Center)
#30 DePauw University 5, Oberlin College 0
1. Sam Miles (DPU) vs. Logan Chun (OBEM) unfinished
2. Ben Kopecky (DPU) vs. Charlie Marks (OBEM) unfinished
3. Chris Bertolini (DPU) def. Soren Zeliger (OBEM) 6-1, 6-1
4. Eric Hubbard (DPU) def. Ben Turchin (OBEM) 6-0, 6-2
5. David Moss (DPU) vs. Sam Towne (OBEM) unfinished
6. Noah Swiler (DPU) vs. Joe Leffler (OBEM) unfinished
1. Eric Hubbard/David Moss (DPU) def. Charlie Marks/Soren Zeliger (OBEM) 8-3
2. Sam Miles/Ben Kopecky (DPU) def. Logan Chun/Ben Turchin (OBEM) 9-7
3. Michael Rardon/Reid Garlock (DPU) def. Joe Leffler/Sam Towne (OBEM) 8-2
Oberlin College 10-13
DePauw University 16-7; National ranking #30
NCAC Tennis Championship - First Round