DePauw Drops 7-2 Decision to Division II Southern Indiana
February 20, 2013
Greencastle, Ind. - The 28th-ranked DePauw men dropped to 1-1 on the season following a 7-2 loss to Division II Southern Indiana at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center.
The Tigers' first win came at number two doubles as David Moss and Reid Garlock topped Ben Boesing and Santiago Lopez by an 8-5 score.
Ben Kopecky collected DePauw's other point with a three-set win over Juna Quiroz. Kopecky took the first set 7-6 after winning the tiebreaker by a 9-7 count. Quiroz evened the match with a 7-5 win in the second set before Kopecky won the 10-point, third set tiebreaker, 10-6.
DePauw returns to action on Friday at 5:30 p.m. when it hosts Case Western Reserve.
For more information on the DePauw tennis program, follow DePauw on Twitter (@DePauwAthletics / @DePauwTennis) or like them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DePauwAthletics).
Southern Indiana vs DePauw University
2/20/2013 at Greencastle, Ind.
(DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center)
Southern Indiana 7, #28 DePauw University 2
1. Kuzaj, Michael (USI) def. Sam Miles (DPU) 7-6 (9-7), 6-2
2. Ben Kopecky (DPU) def. Quiroz, Juan (USI) 7-6 (7-5), 5-7, 1-0 (10-6)
3. Boesing, Ben (USI) def. Alec Kaczkowski (DPU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Lopez, Santiago (USI) def. Eric Bruynseels (DPU) 6-2, 7-5
5. Joyce, Jack (USI) def. David Moss (DPU) 7-5, 6-1
6. Flores, Rodrigo (USI) def. Reid Garlock (DPU) 6-2, 6-1
1. Joyce, Jack/Kuzaj, Michael (USI) def. Sam Miles/Ben Kopecky (DPU) 8-5
2. David Moss/Reid Garlock (DPU) def. Boesing, Ben/Lopez, Santiago (USI) 8-5
3. Quiroz, Juan/Flores, Rodrigo (USI) def. Andrew Kahn/Eric Vannatta (DPU) 8-6
Southern Indiana 2-1
DePauw University 1-1; National ranking #28