Committees and Contacts 2015-2016
COre faculty COMMITTEES:
- Curricular Policy and Planning
- Faculty Development
- Faculty Personnel Policy and Review
- Faculty Priorities and Governance
- Grievance Committee
- Student Academic Life
- Diversity and Equity
- Honorary Degrees and University Occasions
- University Strategic Planning Committee
Standing Appointed COMMITTEES:
- Academic Standing/Petitions
- Athletic Board
- Course and Calendar Oversight Committee
- Student Publications
- Writing Program
COMMITTEES appointed as needed:
- Arts Advisory
- Hartman Center
- Library and Academic Technology
- Nature Park
- Teacher Portfolio Review
OTHER ELECTED FACULTY POSITIONS
- Chair of The Faculty - Bridget Gourley (2016). The Chair of the Faculty shall preside at all meetings of the faculty. The Chair, aided by the assistant, shall have responsibility for the minutes of faculty meeting tabulation of ballots in any faculty election, and, in cooperation with the office of Academic Affairs, shall be responsible for the Academic Handbook. The Chair shall insure that every faculty member shall have a copy (or access to electronic editions) of all revisions, amendments and new editions of the Academic Handbook. Additionally, the Chair serves on University Strategic Planning and chairs Faculty Priorities and Governance. The Chair must be tenured.
- Parliamentarian - Misti Shaw (2017). The Parliamentarian shall advise the Chair on rules of procedure in the faculty meeting and shall have final authority to resolve disputes regarding those rules.
- GLCA Representatives (2) - Sherry Mou (2016) and John Caraher (2017). Attends the GLCA Academic Council Meeting as the faculty representatives. Meeting usually happens mid-fall semester. Should be a current or recent member of Curricular Policy and Planning or our previous Committee on Academic Policy and Planning (CAPP).
Personnel Process Conflict of Interest Contact: Vice President of Academic Affairs (Anne Harris). If the Vice President for Academic Affairs is a party to the conflict of interest, then the most recent past chair of the FPPR who is not currently serving on FPPR and not on leave shall substitute for the roles designated in this policy for the Vice President. For 2015-2016 this substitute is Mark Kannowski.
Institution Review Board (IRB): Bill Tobin
Institution Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC): Kevin Kinney