Rolla M. Malpas Trust Scholarship
The Malpas Scholarship Trust was created to provide scholarships for outstanding and deserving Indiana public school students whose family circumstances would preclude them from attending DePauw for financial reasons.
The Rolla M. Malpas Trust Scholarship is available to outstanding Indiana students who have substantial eligibility for financial assistance. Eligibility is determined by applying a consistent set of standards to financial data provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the DePauw Financial Aid Application. The Malpas Scholarship will meet the recipient's full demonstrated financial need with grant assistance. With the exception of a University Merit Scholarship (awarded at the time of admission), Malpas Scholars are not eligible to receive assistance from any other source and may not take loans or participate in work study.
Applicants must have been born in Indiana, graduated from an Indiana public high school and have maintained a high school scholastic average of at least a B+ or its equivalent. Recipients of the Malpas Trust Scholarships are not permitted to hold a job during the school year or obtain scholarship or loans from other sources.
The Malpas Scholarship is renewable each year contingent upon maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average each semester during the first year and a 3.25 grade point average each semester thereafter.
Malpas Scholar Selection Timeline for Fall 2017
February 3, 2017 - Deadline to submit an application for the Malpas Scholarship
February 14, 2017 - Notification of Semi-Finalist Status
March 6, 2017 - On-campus interview for all Semi-Finalists
March 10, 2017 - Malpas Scholarship Finalists are announced
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov) and DePauw Financial Aid Application by February 1st. To be considered, candidates should have a FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $7,500.
- Return the Malpas Scholarship application by February 3rd.
- Attach a brief autobiography of no more than 2 pages that discusses:
- what you consider your strengths and weaknesses to be
- what you are passionate about
- what you see yourself doing in ten years