Alpha Phi Omega Merit Badge University
One of Alpha Phi Omega's main principals is service to the community. The Alpha Phi Omega Merit Badge University is one way the Alpha Upsilon chapter provides service and is blessed to have an impact of the future leaders of America.
The Alpha Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega is once again hosting a Merit Badge University on April 12, 2013 at DePauw University, and will be held in the Julian Center for Science and Mathematics. This event will provide local scouts with an opportunity to come and learn about various topics taught by member of the DePauw community who are knowledgeable of their fields and work with these topics on a daily basis.
Pre-registration is required. Check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. The event will then start at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude at 4:00 p.m. There will be full day classes as well as some half-day classes offered. Scouts will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis, as seats are limited.
The registration cost of the event is fifteen dollars ($15) for scouts and five dollars ($5) for parents. The cost of lunch is included in the registration fee, all registered scouts will receive an event patch.
For a copy of our flyer click here.
For a the full list of the merit badges being offered and what prerequisites they have, please see our link on the left.
- Merit badge book (and have read it)
- Writing utensil and something to write on
- Class A uniform
- A signed blue card from their leader for each badge they are taking
- All pre-required work in hand the day of the fair. Scouts who do not have completed pre-work will receive a partial.
NOTE: DUE TO RECENT CAMPUS ROAD RECONSTRUCTION MOST GPS UNITS DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE RE-DESIGNATION OF SOME STREETS AS TWO WAY STREETS.
- Take US Route 231 north from I70 8 miles until you enter the town of Greencastle.
- After entering town go through the one stop light and 0.4 miles and turn left on Anderson Street, entering through the DePauw University gates.
- Continue on Anderson Street. until it "T's" with Locust Street.
- Turn left onto Locust Street. Take Locust Street one block until it intersects Hanna Street.
- Turn right onto Hanna Street.
- Take Hanna Street for one block, go through the stop sign, and the Julian Center will be the building immediately on your left.
- Parking may be found by continuing one block to Indiana Street, turning left on Indiana Street, and parking in any of the visible lots.
- Take 231 south from Crawfordsville toward Greencastle.
- after entering Greencastle, continue onto 231.
- At the first stoplight you reach stay straight onto Jackson Street.
- Continue six blocks and turn left on Hanna Street.
- After turning onto Hanna Street. the Julian Center will be the first building on your right after going through the stop sign.
- Parking may be found to the southwest of the building.