International Student Orientation
Your first semester as a university student in the United States presents you with exciting opportunities and new challenges. International Student Orientation helps incoming international students adjust to your new academic and social environment.
International Student Orientation
- DePauw Summer English Immersion Institute: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 - Sunday, August 13, 2017
- Four-Year Degree International Students (Class of 2020): Monday, August 14, 2017 - Friday, August 19, 2017 (English Institute participants are also required to participate in International Student Orientation.)
- International Transfer Students (entering as F-1 Sophomores): Thursday, August 17, 2017 - Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Exchange Students (entering in the Fall 2017 semester): Monday, August 14, 2017 - Friday, August 18, 2017.
- Language Department Assistant (LDA) Program: Thursday, August 17, 2017 - Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Exchange Students (entering in the Spring 2017 semester): Thursday, January 26, 2017 - Sunday, January 29, 2017
- Welcome Celebration reception
- Campus and Greencastle tours
- Academic culture and expectations
- English Language assessment and placement
- Immigration information sessions
- Opening a bank account
- Employment information
- Health resources and insurance orientation
The week also promises fun, with picnics, movie nights, bowling and shopping trips. By the end of the week, international students will be ready to begin their first semester as DePauw students.
Transportation to campus
International Student Services will pick new international students up at the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) on the first day of their International Student Orientation program. Airport shuttles will depart from the Indianapolis International Airport for DePauw's campus on the following dates and times. Students should reserve a seat on their desired airport shuttle in advance through the online New International Student Checklist (not yet available).
- August 1, 2017 - First day of Summer English Immersion Institute: 12:00pm & 6:00pm (18:00)
- August 14, 2017 - First day of International Student Orientation: 12:00pm & 6:00pm (18:00)
- August 17, 2017 - First day of orientation for International Transfer Students and for the Language Department Assistant Program Orientation: 12:00pm
ISS staff will arrive approximately 20 minutes before each shuttle departs to greet students and assist with questions or concerns. DePauw's shuttle bus will be parked outside the Ground Transportation area (where rental car companies and other buses are stationed). Students who experience travel delays should contact ISS staff as early as possible to provide updated arrival time and flight information, and staff will make arrangements for delayed students to be picked up at the new arrival time. Cell phone numbers for ISS staff will be provided to students before their scheduled arrival.
Check-in with DePauw ISS staff for orientation program
Upon arrival to campus, students will meet ISS staff at the Memorial Student Union Building (408 South Locust Street, Greencastle, IN 46135) to check in for their orientation program, get keys to their living unit, receive instructions for their first days of orientation, and have the chance to ask questions.
Who to contact if problems or delays occur during travel to Indianapolis or DePauw
International Student Services DePauw Public Safety office (open 8:00am - 5:00pm) 413 South Locust Street, Reese Hall Greencastle, IN 46135 765-658-4850
DePauw Public Safety office (open all days and hours; will contact ISS staff) 101 East Seminary Street Greencastle, IN 46135 765-658-5555