Tenets of the Community Standards Process
The Community Standards Process is built upon the following principles.
- To regard each student as an individual, deserving individual attention, consideration and respect.
- To consider the facts fully and carefully before resolving any case.
- To speak candidly and honestly to each student.
- To hold each student to a high standard of behavior, both to protect the campus community and to promote student moral development.
- To recognize the reality of human fallibility, as well as the stresses associated with collegiate life and to demonstrate compassion and understanding.
- To contribute to the educational mission of the University by designing policies, conducting programs and offering instruction that contribute to the intellectual and moral development of the entire student body.