Show More

Frequently Asked Questions

A few answers to some of your questions about preparing for life on campus at DePauw.

Question: What do I do if lost my password and can't access or my Google accounts?
Answer: The IT Help Desk will be able to assist you in resetting your password. They can be reached by calling 765-658-4294, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Question: When do I register for my remaining courses?
Answer: After participating in academic advising sessions with faculty and staff during New Student Orientation, students will register for courses. You will be notified of your first-year seminar by logging into on July 7.

Question: Do I need to have a laptop?
Answer: Yes. All students entering DePauw are required to have a laptop computer and a copy of Microsoft Office. To meet the laptop requirement, you may purchase one of our preferred systems or bring a system of your choice based on our hardware recommendations. To meet the Microsoft Office requirement, a current version of the software is necessary. More detailed information can be found here.

Question: What is my Student ID used for?
Answer: Your Student ID card will be very important to you and is used for a number of things, such as accessing your living unit, purchasing meals, printing to campus network printers/copiers, borrowing materials from the libraries, accessing the Lilly Center, picking up packages at the Student Post Office, and more. More information about your Student ID Card can be found here.

Question: How does my meal plan work?
Answer: All first-year students are enrolled in the Residence Hall Meal Plan. This meal plan includes DPU Points, DPU Plus, and Laundry. DPU points can be used in the Hub Cafe, Hub Express, Den Bistro and Convenience Store, Cafe Roy (located in Roy O. West Library), Cafe Allegro (located in the Green Center for Performing Arts), as well as the Fluttering Duck, 2 West Bistro, and Joe and Olive's Coffee Shop, which are located in The Inn at DePauw. DPU Plus may be used at participating local restaurants in town. More detailed information about the meal plan can be found here. Questions can be directed to 765-658-4253.

Question: What items should I bring to campus for my room?
Answer: A list of recommended and approved items can be found here.

Question: In high school I had an IEP, 504 Plan, or Learning Plan. Does this automatically transfer to DePauw?
Answer: No. Students desiring accommodations at the college level need to self-disclose a disability and request accommodations with Student Disability Services. Learn more about this process here.