A regular Yoga asana (posture) practice improves stamina, flexibility, cardiovascular performance, muscle tone, circulation and respiration. Asanas help to develop coordination and balance: they may alleviate lower back and leg pain and poor posture. Classes incorporate breathing, chanting, meditation and relaxation.
Please follow these few considerations to make your practice comfortable:
- Advise the teacher if you have health problems or are pregnant.
- Wear comfortable clothing with bare feet: layers are helpful
- Bring socks and something warm to rest in following your practice
- Do not eat within three hours before class.
- Drink four glasses of water during the morning before class.
- Bring your own mat, if you own one.
- Refrain from using perfume.
- Do not hesitate to ask for clarifications during class.