Show More


The Boulder

"The Boulder" is located in front of East College. It was given to the University in 1892. Several alumni bought it from a farmer who charged visitors 10 cents to view the "petrified turtle" he had on his farm. It soon grew to be a favorite meeting place on campus for couples meeting for chapel dates and honorary societies holding initiation rituals.