Summer Internship Grant Program
The Hubbard Center Summer Internship Grant Program is one of DePauw’s trademark programs to help students prepare for their future. The program provides partial support for students for unpaid internships that are secured in non-profit, government, and start-up environments (locally, nationally, or internationally). Internships supported by this competitive program will provide a learning experience that connects full-time summer work to individual academic and professional goals. Selected students will receive living wage grants to help support them for the summer during the internship.
- Applicant must be a current full-time student and will return to DePauw campus the following fall semester.
- Internship offer must already be secured prior to application.
- Internship must be at least 8 weeks long and over 300 hours.
- Internship supervisor must not be a family member.
- Internship cannot duplicate a past experience. If interning with a previous employer, applicant must take on new responsibilities and projects.
- Internship cannot be a remote or virtual experience.
- Programs that require payment to participate must offer academic or curricular support, in addition to internship placement.
- Internship cannot involve working as an aide to a former high school teacher.
- Start-Up Employer Requirements: No more than two students can be funded per start-up.
*The internship must be registered for Extended Studies prior to Summer Grant Application.*
The application and budget sheet are available in Tiger Tracks. Detailed instructions on how to submit your internships on Tiger Tracks can be found here. For more information contact Chris Klein, Assistant Director for Off-Campus Internships at the Hubbard Center adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org or 765.658.4569.
Summer Grant Recipient Profiles
Learn more by reading the Summer Internship Grant Recipients' profiles!