Each year the department honors the most outstanding physics majors through several scholarships and awards.
Congratulations to the most recent recipients!
The O. H. Smith Student Aid Fund - awarded annually to one or more junior/ senior physics majors who have demonstrated exceptional ability and potential.
- 2016: Caleb Akers, Nate Smith
- 2015: Evan Zelesnik, Danny McGuinness
- 2014: Quin Abarr
- 2013: Ethan Brauer
- 2012: Mateos Kassa, Weiyong Zhang
- 2011: Ruizhe Ma
The Austin D. Sprague Scholarship- awarded to full-time junior and senior physics majors with demonstrated need and a 3.0 GPA.
- 2016: Jacob Boudreau, Josh Clark, Melinda Franke, Thomas Grier
- 2015: Caleb Akers, Nate Smith
- 2014: Alex Hankins
- 2013: Erin Dinn
- 2012: Andrew Ledbetter
- 2011: Jonathan Cripe
2017 Physics Graduates- A list of students who have recently graduated from DePauw University with a degree in Physics.
- Caleb Akers
- Joshua Clark
- Kevin Killeen
- Nathaniel Smith
- John Stanton
- Jack Thompson