Do you want to learn more about college auditions and musical opportunities after high school? The College Prep Day helps high school musicians prepare for college auditions and to experience life as a DePauw Musician. Participants are invited to perform for our faculty, attend sample classes, hear faculty performances, and meet with current students.
Saturday April 9, 2022
10 am – 2 pm EST
Please register no later than April 4, 2021
Contact George Palton, 765-658-4118, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:30 a.m. • Early Bird Registration - optional (GCPA, Great Hall)
- 9 a.m. • Early Bird Campus Tour - optional (Departing from GCPA, Great Hall)
- 9:30 a.m. • Registration (GCPA, Great Hall)
- 10 a.m. • Welcome Message
Kay Hoke, Dean, School of Music (GCPA, Thompson Recital Hall)
- 10:15 a.m. • School of Music Faculty Master Classes on Preparing for College Auditions (GCPA)
Please bring your instrument and music
- 10:15 a.m. • Parent Meeting “The Next Steps”
Caroline Jetton, Associate Dean, School of Music; Leslie Middleton, Assistant Vice President for Financial Aid; George Palton, Associate Director of Admission for the School of Music (GCPA, 1201)
- 11 a.m. • Parent Meeting “High Impact Learning” with Eliza Brown, Professor of Music (GCPA, 1201)
- 11:45 am • Lunch (Hoover Dinning Hall)
Join our music students and faculty for lunch! Free vouchers will be provided.
- 12:30 pm • College Application and Audition Pro Tips
with George Palton, Associate Director of Admission for the School of Music, Craig Pare', Director of University Bands, Eric Schmidt, Director of University Choirs (Hoover Dining Hall, Wallace Stewart Commons)
It’s time to meet your future classmates! Join our current School of Music students to hear about their experiences as a music major. This is your time to see yourself at DePauw.