Alumni Enrollment Ambassadors
DePauw University's ongoing efforts to recruit the best and brightest depends on alumni support. The Office of Admission values our dedicated alumni who help in countless ways by volunteering their time, resources, and talents for the betterment of DePauw. As an Alumni Enrollment Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to share your Tiger Pride, first-hand experience and shape the next generation of Tigers through a variety of opportunities. Please check this page regularly as we offer updates and new opportunities for graduates to collaborate with the Office of Admission.
DePauw Alumni Enrollment Ambassadors
All ‘Paws-in’ to recruit top Tigers
Alumni Volunteer Opportunities
Current Volunteer Activities
Handwritten Card Campaigns
- Date Range: various
- Time Range: very flexible
- Campaigns: Congratulations on Enrolling and/or High School Graduation Congrats (May and June), College Application Encouragement (September), Holiday Card Campaign (Thanksgiving-January 1)
- Hand write short notes within greeting cards sent to prospective and admitted students
- Plan to write between 12-20 cards depending on your available amount of time
- DePauw supplies cards, envelopes, and stamps + a list of students
Participate in Admission Recruiting Events (Virtual & In-Person)
- Date Range: various and throughout the year, large volume in early Spring
- Time Range: weeknight evenings and sometimes Sunday late afternoon
- Programs hosted via Zoom to introduce admitted students to alumni
- Assist as a volunteer at an on campus admission event such as open houses, preview days, and admitted student days.
- Goal- share a feel for campus and showcase the strength of a DePauw degree
Represent DePauw at College Fairs
- Date Range: September-November / March & April
- Time Range: usually weeknights/weekends and approximately 2 hours in length
- Limited Opportunities focused on strategic recruiting areas and enrollment goals
- We will complete the event registration, supply you with all the details, and send you a package of supplies
- You will also be introduced to the Admissions Counselor (via email) for the area where your fair occurs
- At the event, you would be answering questions and sharing details your DePauw experience
- There will be training videos to prepare you for this type of event
- **During COVID-times: masks could be required for the entire length of the event
Upcoming Alumni Activities
Tiger Tales - Alumni and Admitted Student Virtual Conversations
- Date Range: TBD
- Time Range: various weeknight evenings & late afternoon Sundays
- Casual & Cozy 60-minute Zoom sessions with admitted students + a few alumni
- Goal – get to know our admitted Tigers and chat about DePauw!
Admitted Student Outreach
(connect via email, phone call or in-person/virtual meeting)
- Date Range: December-April
- Time Range: very flexible
- Via phone, Zoom/Skype, or possibly in person
- Plan for a 45-60-minute conversation possibly with parents involved also + offer to stay in touch
- We will give you a list of students (optimally matching you geographically or by major/DePauw activities) + details about their interests
- During your phone call: offer congratulations, answer questions, and showcase why attending college at DePauw would be a great decision.
Past Alumni Projects
Virtual Panel, Student Meet-Up, or Special Event
- Participate along with admission counselor(s) and fellow alumni and/or current students.
- Examples: Alumni Networking Panel focusing on a particular major or career field, BINGO Night, Prospective Student Zoom Meet-up.
- Goal: Interact with possible applicants and admitted students, share your DePauw experience and advice.
Tiger Note Card Campaign:
- Targeting high school students ranging from sophomores-seniors.
- We will supply you with a list of students, details about your list (optimally matching your geographic location, major, etc.).
- You will also receive note cards and content templates.
Holiday Note Card Campaign:
- Goal: To spread holiday cheer and keep DePauw on the radar as students head into holiday break.
- We will supply you will a list of students, festive DePauw holiday cards and content templates.
Personalized Video Messages:
- Creating and recording video messages to prospective students which will be used within DePauw's Office of Admission communications.
- We will assign topics such as: favorite place on campus, best DePauw experience, favorite professor, first year residence hall memories.
- These can be created with your mobile phone or via our Covideo platform (with an opportunity for training and etiquette).
Represent DePauw at a Virtual or In-Person College Fair along with Admission Counselor:
- In Person College Fairs would have you at a college fair table/booth in your hometown area with an admission counselor to tag-team questions from prospective applicants.
- Virtual College Fairs involve meeting students via a DePauw Zoom room which is part of a large virtual event. Students and volunteers can log-on from anywhere!
- College Fairs are generally during weeknights/weekends and are usually 2 hours in length.