Endowments and Programming
Experiential Learning and Opportunity Fund
Experiential learning is critical for all DePauw students to get out into the world and successfully apply their curricular knowledge through practical co-curricular experiences such as internships and off-campus study.
Opportunities for supporting experiential learning include:
- The Summer Internship Grant awards up to $3,000 to students who pursue unpaid internship in the non-profit, government, and start-up organizations
- Pre-Professional Development Support is designed to assist students in achieving their future career goals by awarding up to $500 to cover costs for pre-professional development opportunities such as conferences, professional association memberships, and skill training
- Semester Off-Campus Study Fund provides scholarships for reducing the overall costs involved with financing a semester-long Off-Campus Study program, which can range upwards of $5,000-15,000 in additional costs after financial aid is applied to the total cost of DePauw tuition.
- Upfront Cost Support provides start-up cost support for international study experiences including visas, passports, vaccinations, etc.
- Extended Studies (formerly Winter Term) gifts provide additional scholarships for reducing the overall program costs for Winter/May Term/Summer Term fees, which can range between $1,500-6,000 in additional costs after financial aid is applied.
- Pell Grant Matching offers matching funding to Pell Grant recipients (not currently offered, but some of our study abroad partners are leading in providing this as a resource of matching upwards of $5,000 per student)
These endowed funds provide students the opportunities for programming across difference with the intention for bringing the DePauw community together. These fund and distributed by CDI staff guided by student input.
- Conference Attendance allows students that are interested in attending conferences that are focused on supporting historically underrepresented identities to attend for free or at a subsidized cost.
- Equitable Education Programming is dedicated to programming that supports students’ classroom experiences. This will take the form of workshops, tutors, and lectures that give students additional opportunities to develop skills necessary to further their scholarly inquiry.
- Internal Internships supports the employment of students to work at the CDI. This provides students paid opportunities to develop the programmatic initiatives for their year of employment.
- Diversity Speaker Series allows for ongoing speakers that highlight the narratives of the underrepresented students to be hosted at DePauw. Speaker are selected in conjunction with faculty, student groups and align with CDI programming goals.
- Unity Funds provide funds to student groups who take the opportunity to program across difference with additional financial support to increase their impact on campus.
During his tenure as DePauw's 18th President, Bob Bottom made a more diverse campus a hallmark of his presidency. The Robert G. Bottoms Fund for Faculty Diversity will assist DePauw in its efforts to recruit and retain a more diverse faculty, thereby enhancing the entire campus and educational experience.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship allows DePauw to support new scholars from historically marginalized populations to further develop their research and teaching. Post-Docs are also able to utilize the opportunities and academic resources afforded to faculty at DePauw.
- Course Reassignment will provide current DePauw faculty from historically marginalized communities an opportunity to dedicate additional time and efforts to scholarly work and research.
- Recruitment and Retention Initiatives of historically marginalized faculty by offering additional professional development and research funding.
Ongoing education and development of the entire DePauw community is a critical factor in the pursuit of a diverse and inclusive campus. The ability to consistently rely on funds for leadership development-from the Board of Trustees and beyond-is key to commitment and success.
- Ongoing Education will allow the university to provide opportunities for diversity and inclusion learning and experiences for administration, faculty, staff, Board of Trustees, alumni volunteers, and other DePauw stakeholders.
- Campus-Wide Diversity Education will allow DePauw to ensure current and create new campus-wide diversity educational efforts like DePauw Dialogue and the PPD/GL curricular requirement.
- CDI Staff Positions allows for the positions in the CDI to be funded and secured. This guarantees the CDI's ability to recruit and retain top national talent to staff the CDI based on the university's needs.
- CDI Faculty Fellow will allow for one faculty member a year to reduce their course load and serve the CDI team with pedagogical and programmatic contributions. This faculty fellow will also strength the CDI's collaborations with faculty for that assigned year.